Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good Music

Here's three new-to-me bands that I have not heard until recently. Not that my opinion matters to that many people on the planet, but I enjoyed their stuff. Listen and share....

Skylines and Archives:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=153629310

A very chill sound hiding deeper tones laced throughout the lyrics, heard of these guys through my friend Gretchen. Currently they're tearing up the Minnesota club scene, can you think of any other musicians who came from the great state of Minnesota?

Sarah McMillan:
http://www.sarahmcmillan.com/

If Emmy Lou, Sandra McCracken, and the Edge sat down and wrote an album, this would be it. Lyrically it grabs with words taken from scripture. "He is the rain and I am the desert." Right now "Bright Wings" is probably my favorite.

The Kevin Reid Project:
http://www.myspace.com/thekevinreidproject

Played in Humboldt this weekend, missed both shows, but their Myspace stuff is really good. Lots of good youthfull angst in their sound, lyrically strong. Also, cousin to our local Young Life leader.

I'm not going to start any sort of pretencious music review forum, just like these bands. It's always good to share a good band with your friends so check them out, tell your friends, and buy their stuff!!

1 comment:

The Gretch said...

Oh my gosh. First of all....I love "Walk on the Ocean". Great song!
Second of all...Nathan Walker (also known as Skylines and Archives...yeah, he's a one man band) will be thrilled to know that you are sharing his music with the Humboldt crowd. He's gonna be big!