Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I am a Worship Leader?


I have been tossing around for quite some time weither or not I am a worship leader. Often times I can attribute the moodyness and self questioning in my life to seasons in Humboldt. The winter time here has alot of rain, my job is somewhat seasonal, and the sun rises and sets between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm. Most if my frustrations coe about in December, and can be attributed to this somewhat "seasonal depression" and I can just deal; pray that the Lord keeps me focused until spring when it's sunny, warm and offshore. This time of reflection in my life, I belive, is a genuine reflection season that the Lord has placed in my life to learn and grow. I have been involved inleading worship for years now. Since I gave my heart to the Lord at the start of my 20's, I have spent two good spells in two churches, then spent about a year searching for a new church.


I had felt at the time that I needed to start a break from leading worship, and the Lord has placed my family at Centerpointe. An awesome church, with an awesome pastor. There is an established worship director, and a great worship program. Trent (worship director) has become a very close friend of mine in the last year. He's a great worship leader, good guy to hang with, and, believe it or not, pretty wise. Just don't tell him I said that. Being at Centerpointe has given me the opportunity to take time to seek what the Lord calls us to be when he calls us to be worship leaders. What is worship? Thanksgiving for the Lord's provision, salvation, and blessings... Public declaration of our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ... An opportunity to be ministered to by His Holy Spirit, and time to edify the body of believers.


So what does all this mean? How do I (if I am called) lead the Lord's congregation in this act of obedience? Am I qualified? insert the yadda's here. The reason for publishing my ramblings on the web was inspired by these major quandries. I feel that one of the first things that I need as an effective part of the Lord's body is transparency, so if I am obedient to the Lord's call, step one is to begin to open up and share what the Lord has placed on my heart. Although blogging still has a certain degree of anonymity, it's a start, right?


Well here is the first of what I believe to be many rants on this subject. There is a website run by the "Reformed University Fellowship" called indelable grace that I hit very often. There is a vast array of really good music, in addition to forums, links and the like. Here is an article that I found encouraging in regards to my recent ramblings.




I'm still digesting most of what is offered in this artice, but thought it worth mentioning.

No comments: