Monday, May 4, 2009

Mortorcycle - Stage 1


First attempt at fixing up the freebie. My buddy at work was looking to pass this bike off to some other poor sucker, and thought that I'd be perfect, so... here we are. The bike has been sitting at Adam's for about a month now, and this Saturday was the first chance that I had to try to work on it. And by work on it I mean watching Adam perform diagnostics and isolate the electrical problem. In about an hour he found the problem, and price for the new part, $70. I don't know if I'm ready to drop $70 on a freebie yet. I will, but just not this weekend. Right now we have better things to spend money on than an old motorcycle, so I need to either scrimp and save or come up with some side jobs. The bike still shows promise, so far there have been no fatal flaws found, but we have not dug too deep into the monster. It's fun getting together with a friend, working on something and having to use my brain on a Saturday. If only I didn't have to spend money. I'm going to try to get it home this week so that I can start removing all the excess weight, ie chrome fenderie things around the luggage boxes, mega chromie trim around the super seat, luggage boxes. Right now this thing looks like it is twice the size that it needs to be.








No comments: